Re-design of an electric battery manufacturing start-up website to on-board investors, optimize website traffic and B2C sales.
Clean Electric is an electric battery manufacturing startup that specializes in producing high-performance batteries for electric vehicles and other clean energy applications. Their current website was outdated and had a poor user experience which made it difficult for potential customers to learn about their products and purchase them online.
Motion Graphics Designer
• Adobe After Effects
• UI designing
• Motion Graphics
• Analyzing user feedback
Goals and Solution
The team has excellent skills, but they do need funds to put their ideas into action, thus they are looking for investors. The primary goals of the website redesign were to improve the user experience and make it easier for potential customers to learn and purchase products. Additionally, the redesign aimed to better showcase the company's unique selling points such as its innovative technology, recycling process and certifications.
Old UI Design
01 Competitor Analysis
02 User Research
We created questionnaires & conducted interviews with 12 potential investors who are motivated in contributing towards companies trying to positive impact on the environment & cutting-edge technologies that can provide high returns.
03 User Personas
04 Research Findings
of investors had doubts on the credibility of the start-up due to lack of online presence
of them had difficulty understand the nitty-gritty of each product as it lacked proper explanation
of them found the website to be difficult to navigate and contact the company CEO
User Experience Improvement
To accomplish these goals, the redesign included the following elements:
• A clean and modern design that is visually pleasing and easy to navigate.
• A simplified navigation menu that makes it easy for users to find the information they're looking for.
• A dedicated product page that includes detailed information on Clean Electric's batteries, including specifications, performance data, and safety information.
• A section that showcases the company's certifications, recycling process, and awards
• A dedicated page for the explanation of how recycling is integrated in their manufacturing process.
• We used 2D animations to demonstrate how each of our products works, and we kept the videos as brief as possible to avoid boring the viewer.
• The color palette and typography we chose made the website appear futuristic, which can have a tremendous impact on investors by creating the impression of a more renowned organization.
Clean Electric saw an increase in website traffic, on-boarded investors, as well as a higher conversion rate of website visitors to customers. Additionally, the company received positive feedback from customers on the improved user experience and the detailed information provided on the website, which helped to establish trust and credibility with potential customers.
The website redesign of Clean Electric demonstrates the importance of having a well-designed website in building trust and credibility with potential customers, as well as increasing sales for a business. This can be a key for the success of Electric battery Manufacturing start-ups
This project taught me the fundamentals of environmentally friendly batteries and the necessity of protecting the environment. I was able to strengthen my motion graphics skills, particularly storyboarding, and deliver faster animations using After Effects.